Miracle Life Family Church offers members premarital counseling and the opportunity to be wed in the church.
Our premarital counseling team is ready to guide engaged couples into a Christ-centered relationship, walking beside them and offering resources in preparation for what lies ahead. The team leads a ten-week premarital counseling class and one-on-one counselling sessions that run concurrently with the classes and all these are mandatory for all couples planning to be married by Miracle Life pastors.
The ten-week class helps engaged couples explore God’s design for marriage. This interactive course is offered three times a year and utilizes personal assessments as well as couple and group interaction.
WHAT IS COVERED?
- Biblical View of Marriage
- Leaving and cleaving (Dealing with in-laws and external influences)
- Understanding our differences vs our expectations of each other in marriage
- Love, respect and submission
- Communication and conflict resolution
- Roles, responsibilities and decision making
- Financial management
- Sex and intimacy
The premarital counselling classes are offered 3 times a year. This is preceded by an announcement in Church. Submit your completed application form online before the indicated deadline. You will both be invited for an interview with church authorities within 2 weeks of submitting your application.
THINGS TO TAKE NOTE OF:
- Both of you MUST be born again Christians.
- Both or either one of you must be a member of MLFC for at least 1 year
- Both or either must be an active member of a Connection Group for at least 1 year
- Neither one of you should be a minor (below 18 years).
- The church will only marry single persons
- Only couples that are male and female will be accepted for counselling.
- Both should be able to attend all counselling sessions together
- The man should have sought the woman’s hand in marriage from her family, and an agreement reached.
- Set your wedding date only after you have been interviewed and accepted for counselling.
- It is preferable that you give us six months’ notice for the wedding.
- Miracle Life Family Church will not conduct weddings on the following days:
- Fridays, Public Holidays & Sundays
- Miracle Life Family Church will not conduct a wedding for any couple that will not have completed the prescribed premarital counselling program as arranged by the church.