Miracle Life Family Church offers members premarital counseling and the opportunity to be wed in the church.
Our premarital counseling team is ready to guide engaged couples into a Christ-centered relationship, walking beside them and offering resources in preparation for what lies ahead. The team leads a ten-week premarital counseling class and one-on-one counseling sessions that run concurrently with the classes and all these are mandatory for all couples planning to be married by Miracle Life pastors.
The ten-week class helps engaged couples explore God’s design for marriage. This interactive course is offered three times a year and utilizes personal assessments as well as couple and group interaction.
WHAT IS COVERED?
- Biblical View of Marriage
- Leaving and cleaving (Dealing with in-laws and external influences)
- Understanding our differences vs our expectations of each other in marriage
- Love, respect and submission
- Communication and conflict resolution
- Roles, responsibilities and decision making
- Financial management
- Sex and intimacy
The premarital counseling classes are offered 3 times a year. This is preceded by an announcement in Church. Submit your completed application form online before the indicated deadline. You will both be invited for an interview with church authorities within 2 weeks of submitting your application.
THINGS TO TAKE NOTE OF:
- Both of you MUST be born again Christians.
- Both or either one of you must be a member of MLFC for at least 1 year
- Both or either must be an active member of a Connection Group for at least 1 year
- Neither one of you should be a minor (below 18 years).
- The church will only marry single persons
- Only couples that are male and female will be accepted for counseling.
- Both should be able to attend all counseling sessions together
- The man should have sought the woman’s hand in marriage from her family, and an agreement reached.
- Set your wedding date only after you have been interviewed and accepted for counseling.
- It is preferable that you give us six months’ notice for the wedding.
- Miracle Life Family Church will not conduct weddings on the following days:
- Fridays, Public Holidays & Sundays
- Miracle Life Family Church will not conduct a wedding for any couple that will not have completed the prescribed premarital counseling program as arranged by the church.
To begin your Premarital Counseling at Miracle Life Family Church, click here to apply for the next season. Please note that the next Premarital Counseling season starts on Sunday, 28 May and the deadline for application submission is Monday, 22 May at 17:00 hours.
Congratulations on your decision to get married and for having completed premarital counseling at MLFC! In order to hold your ceremony at Miracle Life Family Church or request a pastor to officiate your wedding, click here. Please DO NOT book a venue or make any payments if you have not graduated Premarital Counseling.